Fairview Health Services Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist Technical Lead in Twin Cities, Minnesota
JobTitle Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist Technical Lead
Location University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital
Department Labs - Acute Care
Hours per 2 weeks 80
Shift Rotating day/evening
Date Posted 05/10/2018
Job Number 18-72847
Technical Lead - Hematology and/or Coagulation, UMMC West Acute Care Laboratory
Functions as a Clinical laboratory Scientist plus:
· Back-ups technical supervisor responsibilities, e.g., direction of workflow, quality audits and monitors, workflow analysis, variance documentation, and personnel issues.
· Coordinates training and orientation of employees. Acts as a personnel resource for staff. Provides input on performance appraisals.
· Functions as a liaison to customers (PCUs, clinics, and other laboratories). Facilitates communications and problem resolution/troubleshooting for customers.
· Develops new coagulation and/or hematology procedures; perform method evaluation.
· Coordinates instrument and QC troubleshooting and provide support.
· Ensures staff compliance with safety program; participates in program development and monitoring as needed.
· Functions as a technical resource for staff.
· Ensures and promotes a healthy work environment.
Bachelor's Degree in a related laboratory field including the related lab practicum or equivalent routes as specified in CLIA'88. Preferred BS in Clinical Laboratory Science/or Medical Technology.
Two years' experience as a Medical Lab Scientist, Medical Technologist or Five years as Medical Lab Technologist (MLT) or five years Histology Technologist (HT)
Good communication and public relations skills are essential. Experience performing blood collection preferred.
Applicant should possess appropriate HHS approved laboratory certification such as a MLS/MT (ASCP or AMT). HEW certification is also recognized.
About Fairview Health Services
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Joined by HealthEast in June 2017, Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 11 hospitalsincluding an academic medical center and long-term care hospitalserving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairviews 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.