Fairview Health Services RN - Home Health Triage Nurse - On Call in Twin Cities, Minnesota
JobTitle RN - Home Health Triage Nurse - On Call
Specialty NURSING-Home Care/Hospice
Location Fairview Home Care & Hospice-Minneapolis
Department Triage Admin
Hours per 2 weeks casual - on-call
Shift Rotating evening/night
Date Posted 02/27/2018
Job Number 18-71582
The On Call Triage Nurse:
Maintains updated information on current home care and hospice patient in the electronic medical record.
Administers skilled nursing care in the home for patients as ordered by the physician and within the RN licensure scope.
· Registered Nurse will be paid an On Call rate for assigned shifts.
· If paged you are expected to be out the door within 30 minutes of page received to respond to your quadrants patient's needs. Goal to see patient within an hour or 90 minutes.
· Nurse will be assigned to Quadrant they will work in during shift.
· Once mobilized you will get hourly pay and mileage from home back to home, including completion of charting and care coordination.
· Visits last from 30 minutes to a few hours depending on acuity and symptom control.
· Expectation is accepting 8 shifts a month minimum to keep Triage competencies current.
Attendance of monthly Triage meeting is required.
1) Stays current (expert) in home care regulation and all applicable licensing.
2) actively participates in educational programs, meetings and agency committees as appropriate.
3) Accepts responsibility for the understanding and implementation of the discipline applicable content of all departmental communications and procedures.
4) Identifies processes to improve and potential solutions.
*Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served.
Partners with patient care giver in care/decision making.
Communicates in a respective manner.
Ensures a safe, secure environment.
Individualizes plan of care to meet patient needs.
Modifies clinical interventions based on population served.
Provides patient education based on as assessment of learning needs of patient/care giver.
Knowledge of physical, psychosocial and cognitive developmental needs of population served.
Knowledge of age appropriate outcomes and interventions.
Licensed as a RN and eligible to practice in Minnesota
Current CPR certification (BLS for Healthcare Providers)
Minimum of two years recent RN experience, preferably in med/surg, critical care, or home care/hospice
Hospice experience required
Ability to function in job role independently
Three or more years RN experience
BSN preferred but not required
About Fairview Health Services
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Joined by HealthEast in June 2017, Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 11 hospitalsincluding an academic medical center and long-term care hospitalserving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairviews 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.