Fairview Health Services Sr Application Analyst in Twin Cities, Minnesota
JobTitle Sr Application Analyst
Specialty IT Professionals
Location Fairview offices at 323 Stinson
Department Clinical Support Services
Hours per 2 weeks 80
Date Posted 07/09/2018
Job Number 18-73881
This is for a newly created team called Nurse Call Support Team. They are Responsible for the configuration and support of application tools that support enterprise Nurse Call systems. This includes Nurse Call, Middleware, Nursing End Point device configurations. This team is dedicated to the Nurse Call systems and integration of Nurse Call to other systems
The Sr Application Analyst role will provide technical expertise and leadership, including configuring, documenting, testing, modifying and maintaining software applications. Apply specific applications and technology expertise to the specification and design development process. Lead the creation of system and operating documentation. Support all issues that arise within the specific application area. Job functions include configuring applications by translating the business requirements into software specifications.
· Utilize expertise to design new and existing applications. Configure code, test and troubleshoot existing programs. Analyze end user data and business needs to assure user-orientation and optimal program/system performance.
· Proactively initiates and participates in IT workflow definition and monitoring of processes including 1) Incident and Problem Management, 2) IT Service Request and Task Management, 3) Change Control Management and 4) IT Project Management.
· Accurately and efficiently works to provide application workflow and functional analysis, build and configuration, unit and integrated testing, and plans for transition to application ongoing support. Understands workflows with the objective to meet business needs.
· Effectively unit test all code and programs prior to releasing them to the quality assurance (QA) team. Resolve all unit test issues in a timely manner. Collaborate with the QA team to identify test cases and create/mine test data to enable a thorough test of all deliverables. Respond to all inquiries and issues in a timely manner as the developed code/program moves through the testing process and ultimately into production. Provide implementation/production support as required.
· Evaluate and understand dependencies between applications to understand if making a change in one application would have a negative impact in another application. Use knowledge of assigned application(s) to help resolve issues and drive optimal business solutions.
· Maintain up-to-date application knowledge and understanding of how the business uses the applications in their workflows. Partner with the business to gather requirements and goals to drive optimal solutions.
· Evaluate, troubleshoot and lead root-cause analysis for production issues and system failures; determine corrective action and improvements to prevent recurrence. Provide implementation/production support as required.
· Proactively provide subject matter expertise regarding assigned application(s) to other members of the technology and business teams to ensure quality and minimize impact on other applications and business processes.
· Coach and mentor staff regarding technology, methodologies and standards. Proactively share knowledge and collaborate with IT teams to ensure quick and effective responses to customer needs. Maintain up-to-date business domain knowledge and technical skills in software development technologies and methodologies.
Organizational Expectations (for all employees):
· Demonstrates ability to provide care or service adjusting approaches to reflect developmental level and cultural differences of population served
Partners with patient care giver in care/decision making.
Communicates in a respective manner.
Ensures a safe, secure environment.
Individualizes plan of care to meet patient needs.
Modifies clinical interventions based on population served.
Provides patient education based on as assessment of learning needs of patient/care giver.
· Fulfills all organizational requirements
o Completes all required learning relevant to the role
o Complies with all relevant laws, regulation and policies
Minimum Qualifications to Fulfill Job Responsibilities:
· Bachelor's degree or combination of education and related work experience
· 5+ years of IT application experience
· Strong understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC).
· Demonstrated analytical critical thinking skills for process development or problem resolution.
· Demonstrated working knowledge and expertise of healthcare processes and application system
· Demonstrated knowledge of database structure and working practice of reporting techniques and
· If supporting Epic, certification in core applications is required within six months
· Bachelor's degree in IT field
· Experience within the Healthcare Industry
Certifications and experience relative to the role
About Fairview Health Services
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Joined by HealthEast in June 2017, Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 11 hospitalsincluding an academic medical center and long-term care hospitalserving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairviews 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.