Fairview Health Services Supv Central Processing Center in Twin Cities, Minnesota
JobTitle Supv Central Processing Center
Specialty Supply Chain
Location University of Minnesota Medical Center (West Bank)
Department Central Processing Center
Hours per 2 weeks 80
Shift Rotating day/evening
Date Posted 07/06/2018
Job Number 18-73855
Responsible for and given the necessary authority to supervise the daily operations of the Central Sterile Services Department to include: instrument decontamination, instrument assembly, floor tray and metal ware manufacturing, steam, Ethylene Oxide, Gas Plasma sterilizing, inventory control, distribution, transportation, and staffing.
· High School Diploma
· Two years of lead/supervisory/management experience in Sterile Processing, Supply Chain, Surgery, or related experience
· CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician). IAHCSMM CRCST certification is required within 12 months to continue employment.
· Bachelors of Arts or Science in Supply Chain, Business, Management, Nursing or related. Certified Instrument Processing Technician, leadership coursework and training.
· Four years as a Surgical Technician in Surgery and supervisory/management experience.
· Two years of supervisory/management experience in Supply Chain, Materials Management, Sterile Processing or Surgery.
· CRCST, CIS, CHL
Additional Requirements (must be obtained or completed within a period of time):
· IAHCSMM CRCST certification is required within 12 months to continue employment
· Ability to stand for long periods of time.
· Ability to lift 25-34 lbs frequently, 35-50 lbs occasionally
· Pushcarts to 50lbs occasionally. Exposure to machinery, chemicals, and infectious materials
About Fairview Health Services
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Joined by HealthEast in June 2017, Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 11 hospitalsincluding an academic medical center and long-term care hospitalserving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairviews 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.